Letter from the President
Add-On Data is now 35 years young!
Looking back, I am astonished by the changes that have taken place since I took over my family’s business more than twenty-five years ago. We have witnessed the birth of the PC, Windows, Networking, the Internet, Broadband, Wireless Communication, and Cloud Computing. We have watched the dot-com boom and bust, and seen competitors come and go.
However, through it all, Add-On Data has remained intently focused on the core values established by my parents:
- Treat your employees like family
- Seek out customers who want to do business with you
- Take a sincere interest in understanding their business, their needs, and their pain
- Give them what they need quicker and better than the competition
- Do whatever it takes to make it easy for them to keep coming back
- And, if necessary, put their order in your car and drive it over
It sounds so simple, but as you can imagine, it is a challenging philosophy to live up to every day for thirty-five years. Ultimately SERVICE is what we hang our hat on and SERVICE is what our clients will always want from us.
Over the years, we have listened to the needs of our customers so we could continue to provide the best possible service:
- Add-On Data now has an online store, allowing customers to easily order product anytime – day or night. This online store is the centerpiece of a new, more streamlined corporate website.
- During 2009, we realigned the company into 4 distinct areas allowing us to work closer with our core customers – traditional IT products, (including laptop, desktop, and server hardware, software, networking equipment, accessories, etc.), custom appliance integration for ISV and OEM organizations, managed IT services, and specialty healthcare IT products.
- Because, even in today’s society of “click and buy,” people still want to pinch the produce, Add-On Data expanded the Solution Center at its corporate offices to focus on patient-clinician centric point-of-care solutions, mobile computing, and comprehensive integration services, including staging and deployment, for healthcare organizations.
- Because of the challenging economic times, we have also expanded our financing offerings to include comprehensive grant services, from research and recommendations to one-on-one consultation and grant writing, allowing customers to maximize their capital investment.
Technological advancements aside, this business is still all about “the people” – the only true competitive differentiator – and it is great to have some of the best people in the business on our team.
Is there another IT firm where you can talk about your specific configuration or requirements directly with the guy who has been building custom systems for more than ten years, or confirm product delivery with an account manager who has been working with her clients for more than ten years?
I love seeing the look of wonderment when new Add-On team members suddenly realize how much our relatively small organization can accomplish. It’s the very moment when something ‘clicks’ and they understand that bigger is rarely better. While a competitor may have a fantastic presentation, the game changes when it comes time for rubber to hit the road. No one can beat us on execution, as the secret to our success is in the details.
Yes, Add-On Data is special place where accountability to our customers and to each other is paramount. Through good time and bad, we have never hidden, nor will we hide, from our customers. Where else can you pick up the phone and speak with the president of a technology company about your needs, experience, or concerns and see immediate action? If you have not already tried it – I encourage you to call me anytime, my direct extension is 14.
I sincerely hope that we have listened enough through the years and welcome the opportunity to listen some more. My door is always open and I am only a phone call away. On behalf of my entire team, I want to thank you for your support over the past 35 years and look forward to your continued patronage for many more years to come.
I can only hope that our founders are smiling down on our success by continuing their legacy.
Thanks Mom and Dad.